Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday's music: Skalariak - Ningún valor


It's monday! After a great weekend I want to start the week with this ska band from Navarra, Skalariak, that can be more or less translated as "The ones that makes Ska". This is one of the first bands I listened to out of the radio formulas (first one was Negu Gorriak). I remember one day at school when a friend brought me a cd of Skalariak so I could copy it in a cassette -yep, today some dumbasses in the government consider that piracy- and I started to read the lyrics in the school, imagining how would the music sound, so impacient I was. That was the second LP they released, called Klub Ska, the first one was named after the band, Skalariak, and the track I am posting is precisely from that first cd.

I like a lot this song, I think the lyric is just brilliant. It's a good song to listen to when you are down, to make you remember that positive and negative things on life are just balanced and it's not possible to have one without the other.
When things go wrong we tend to compare them with the good moments, but that good moments are so valuable because of the bad ones, without bad moments good time would mean nothing.
I woke up today with this song in my head, I don't know exactly why because I am having a great moment at the time, but anyway, here it is.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I have over the years.

You have the original Spanish lyric in the video comment, I post here a translation I made myself so might be that is not such a great translation:





Skalariak - No value at all

One, two, three, four!

Is in these moments when I lost my time
that I remember the good times
my tired mind dilutes, I wake up,
my body falls firmly on the chair

Real madness is our company
a lot of excitment as well as pain
because without sadness in this life
happiness would have no value at all

would have no value (x7)
no value at all

I try to say so many silly things
and try to forget the past time
minutes saying what I shouldn't
and then I regret as I analized what we talked

I let my hand go on to calm my soul
I write some lines remembering your warm
because without loneliness in this life
your company would have no value at all

would have no value (x7)
no value at all

No comments:

Post a Comment